- Current South Dakota
USGS IN YOUR STATE
USGS Water Science Centers are located in each state.
Call for Speakers - Closed
- Press Release for 2016 Conference
- Call for Posters - Closed
Congratulations to our 2016 student poster contest winners:
- 1st place - Kyle Hazelwood (SDSM&T)
- 2nd place (3-way tie) - Alex Boger (SDSU), Ashley Preston (SDSM&T), and Kelsey Murray (SDSM&T)
Call for Vendors - Closed
- Registration - Open - Registration deadline March 29, 2017 - Download conference and field trip registration form
- 2017 Preliminary Program
- last updated March 12, 2017
- Field Trip Information - April 7, 2017 - details and registration information available on the second page of the conference registration and field trip form
- Tour of Mid Continent Testing Labs, Rapid City, SD
- Gilt Edge Mine Superfund site, Lead, SD - FULL!
- Smarter stormwater: thinking outside the box (culvert) for urban drainage management, Rapid City, SD
- Photo gallery - includes photos from 2016
- Program and Abstracts from previous conferences:
2017 WESTERN SOUTH DAKOTA HYDROLOGY MEETING
Theme: "Feast and Famine: Floods and Droughts"
Conference: April 6, 2017
Field trips: April 7, 2017
Rushmore Plaza Civic Center
444 Mt. Rushmore Road
Rapid City, South Dakota
- The John T. Loucks Distinguished Lecture -- Marie Peppler, Office of Surface Water and National USGS Flood Inundation Mapping Coordinator, U.S. Geological Survey, Reston, VA, "The Flood Water Buffet: A Delightful Spread of USGS Recent Flood Studies and Tools"
Student Poster Contest
Poster Session & Evening Social with FREE refreshments
Open to students/general public at no charge
Choice of FREE field seminars/trips on April 7 for conference attendees - details forthcoming
- Invited Speaker - Brad Rippey , USDA Meteorologist, Washington, D.C., "Drought and Flood Monitoring: Finding the Missing Pieces"
National Weather Service
RESPEC Consulting & Services
South Dakota Department of Environment and Natural Resources
South Dakota School of Mines and Technology
U.S. Geological Survey
West Dakota Water Development District
Comments and questions?
U.S. Geological Survey
1608 Mt. View Road
Rapid City, SD 57702
Phone: 605 394-3215
If the Acrobat Reader does not appear when you click on a link for a PDF file,
you can download the Acrobat
Reader Software from the Adobe Acrobat web site