National Water-Quality Assessment (NAWQA) Program
A National Assessment of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) in Water Resources of the United States
- U.S. Geological Survey Circular 1292:
Volatile Organic Compounds in the Nation's Ground Water and Drinking-Water Supply Wells
- Asher, W.E., Luo, W., Campo, K.W., Bender, D.A., Robinson, K.W., Zogorski, J.S., and Pankow, J.F., 2007, Application of a Source Apportionment Model in an Urban Stream: Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, v. 26, no. 8, p. 104-111.
- Carter, J.M., Lapham, W.W., and Zogorski, J.S., 2008, Occurrence of Volatile Organic Compounds in Aquifers of the United States: Journal of the American Water Resources Association, v. 44, no. 2, p. 399-416.
- Moran, M.J., 2007, Occurrence of Methyl tert-Butyl Ether and Other Fuel Oxygenates in Source Water and Drinking Water of the United States, in Barcelo, Damia, ed., Fuel Oxygenates—The Handbook of Environmental Chemistry, vol. 5R: Berlin, Germany, Springer-Verlag, p. 57-73.
- Moran, M.J., Zogorski, J.S., and Squillace, P.J., 2007, Chlorinated Solvents in Groundwater of the United States: Environmental Science and Technology, v. 41, no. 1, p. 74-81. A paper version of the article is available by contacting J.S. Zogorski.
- Moran, M.J., Zogorski, J.S., and Rowe, B.L., 2006, Approach to an Assessment of Volatile Organic Compounds in the Nation's Ground Water and Drinking-Water
Supply Wells: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report OFR 2005-1452, 36 p.
- Rowe, B.L., Toccalino, P.L., Moran, M.J., Zogorski, J.S., and Price C.V., 2007, Occurrence and Potential Human-Health Relevance of Volatile Organic Compounds from Domestic Wells in the United States:
Environmental Health Perspectives, v. 115, no. 11, p. 1539-1546. Text and figures.
- Compilation of Retrospective Data on Volatile Organic Compounds in Ground Water to
Supplement VOC Data Collected by the U.S. Geological Survey's National Water Quality Assessment Program
- National Survey of MTBE and Other VOCs in Community Drinking-Water Sources
- MTBE and Other VOCs in Drinking Water in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic Regions of the U.S.
- Gasoline Oxygenate Bibliography
Carter, J.M., Grady, S.J., Delzer, G.C., Koch, Bart, and Zogorski, J.S., 2006, Occurrence of MTBE and Other Gasoline Oxygenates in CWS Source Waters:
Journal AWWA, v. 98, no. 4, p. 91-104.
Ivahnenko, Tamara, and Zogorski, J.S., 2006, Sources and Occurrence of Chloroform and Other Trihalomethanes in Drinking-Water Supply Wells in the United States, 1986–2001:
U.S. Geological Survey Scientific Investigations Report SIR 2006–5015, 13 p.
Moran, M.J., Hamilton, P.A., and Zogorski, J.S., 2006, Volatile Organic Compounds in the Nation's Ground Water and Drinking-Water Supply Wells—A Summary: U.S. Geological Survey Fact Sheet FS 2006-3048, 6 p.
Moran, M.J., Zogorski, J.S., Squillace, P.J., 2005, MTBE and Gasoline Hydrocarbons in Ground Water of the United States: Ground Water, v. 43, no. 4, p. 615-627. MTBE abstract An electronic version of the article published in Ground Water
is available on the Blackwell Synergy online delivery service, accessible via the journal's Website at http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/gw or http://www.blackwell-synergy.com. If there are any problems accessing the file, please contact J.S. Zogorski for assistance.
Links to Other USGS Sites
If the Acrobat Reader does not appear when you click on a link for a PDF file,
you can download the Acrobat
Reader Software from the Adobe Acrobat web site