- Current South Dakota
USGS IN YOUR STATE
USGS Water Science Centers are located in each state.
Call for Speakers - Closed
- Press Release for 2015 Conference
- Call for Posters - Closed
Congratulations to our 2015 student poster contest winners:
1st place (3-way tie) - Brian Freed, Mackenzie Kester, and Kelsey Murray
Call for Vendors - Deadline March 7, 2016 - Vendor registration form
- Registration - Open - Registration form - Early-bird registration deadline is April 7, 2016
- 2016 Preliminary Program
- Available - Updated on February 1, 2016
- Field Trip Information - April 8, 2016 - See second page of registration form (above) for details and field trip registration.
- Tour or new Rapid City Water Treatment Facility and Cleghorn Springs Fish Hatchery
- Walking tour of 1972 flood area
- Photo gallery - includes photos from 2015
Program and Abstracts from previous conferences:
- 2003 || 2004 || 2005 || 2006 || 2007 || 2008 || 2009|| 2010 || 2011|| 2012|| 2013|| 2014|| 2015
2016 WESTERN SOUTH DAKOTA HYDROLOGY MEETING
Theme: Water, Food, and Energy—Connections, Challenges, and Solutions
Conference: April 7, 2016
Field trips: April 8, 2016
Rushmore Plaza Civic Center
444 Mt. Rushmore Road
Rapid City, South Dakota
- The John T. Loucks Distinguished Lecture -- Dr. James Stone, South Dakota School of Mines and Technology, "Food/Energy/Water Nexus Challenges and Potential Solutions for the Northern Great Plains"
Keynote speaker -- Mr. Don Blankenau, Blankenau Wilmoth Jarecke LLP, "Interstate Water Litigation: Challenges and Solutions through Present Cases"
- Keynote speaker -- Dr. William Alley, National Ground Water Association, "Challenges in Groundwater Assessment for Agriculture and Energy Development."
- Student Poster Contest
- Poster Session & Evening Social with FREE refreshments
- Open to students/general public at no charge
- Choice of FREE field seminars/trips on April 8 for conference attendees - details forthcoming
National Weather Service
RESPEC Consulting & Services
South Dakota Department of Environment and Natural Resources
South Dakota School of Mines and Technology
U.S. Geological Survey
West Dakota Water Development District
Comments and questions?
U.S. Geological Survey
1608 Mt. View Road
Rapid City, SD 57702
Phone: 605 394-3215
If the Acrobat Reader does not appear when you click on a link for a PDF file,
you can download the Acrobat
Reader Software from the Adobe Acrobat web site